Fox and Hedgehog by Jane McGinley

Saturday 5 February 2011

Madeleines

My grandparents bought me a madeleine tray for Christmas, so this morning I put it to use and had my first attempt at baking madeleines!

To make your own you will need -

60g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 large egg
50g sugar (I used demerara)
50g plain flour
1 orange, zest grated
Madeleine mould

Method -

Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease the Madeleine moulds with a little butter...


Whisk the egg and sugar until the mixture is thick...



Sift the flour into the egg mixture and fold gently in...


Then fold in the orange zest and the cooled melted butter...



Fill each madeleine mould with the mixture...

and bake for 7-8 minutes...



Voila! (And they are bloody good if I'm allowed to say so myself!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment